As the hemp and cannabis industry continues to expand, more and more businesses are looking to accept credit cards and sell Farm Bill-compliant cannabis seeds online. If you’re one of them, you’re in the right place!
We can help. At Organic Payment Gateways, we specialize in helping businesses like yours get approved for a cannabis seed merchant account and payment gateway.
To begin accepting credit cards on your seed website, click the Start arrow at the bottom of this page. Or, if you are new to processing payments online, you can review the requirements and best practices for getting approved, which are all detailed below.
* Before selling any regulated product, including Farm Bill-compliant cannabis seeds, we STRONGLY suggest you sit with a qualified attorney.
Marketing terms when selling seeds
When marketing your cannabis seeds, it’s essential to remember that cannabis seeds are not used for THC, and specific details of the anticipated results should not be mentioned. Here are some guidelines for marketing your products:
- Avoid mentioning THC or CBD percentages or any language that implies the adult plant will produce a specific THC or CBD percentage. Testing by a certified lab is the only gold standard.
- Do not use words related to consumption, such as Taste/Toke/Smoke/Blaze/Light-up. Instead, use words like scent, aroma, and terpenes.
- Refrain from referring to psychoactive effects, feelings of euphoria, or getting high. Seeds do not contain any psychoactive properties.
- Do not make any health claims or claims of physical, mental, or emotional wellness, even if substantiated.
Website requirements for cannabis selling seeds online
To obtain a merchant account and payment gateway for seeds, your website must meet specific requirements. Make sure your site includes:
- Terms and Conditions
- Refund Policy
- Shipping Policy
- Contact Us page with a phone number, contact form, email address, and legal address
- SSL certificate in place
- A PCI-compliant shopping cart, such as WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, or ClickFunnels
- Unlike CBD, a CoA is generally not required to sell Farm Bill-compliant seeds
Your reputation matters when accepting credit cards online
Your business and all its owners should have a positive online reputation without serious negative reviews or profiles. Business owners should also have good personal credit. ‘
When you choose to accept credit cards for cannabis seeds on your website, you need a payment processing partner that supports and believes in you. Having a solid track record both from a credit standpoint and in terms of your online reviews, goes a long way to establishing to the underwriters that you have what it takes to follow the rules and treat your clients well.
USA-based seed payment processing
Online businesses seeking to sell cannabis seeds online using our services must be physically located within the United States, have a US tax ID, a real US address, have day-to-day ownership living in the USA, and ownership must either be US citizens or legal residents.
Ready to get started processing online payments for seeds?
Now that you know the requirements and best practices for getting approved for a cannabis seed merchant account and payment gateway, you’re ready to start accepting credit cards on your seed website. Don’t wait any longer – let Organic Payment Gateways help you grow your business by providing the payment solutions you need. To get started, click the Start arrow at the bottom of this page.